Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

Vicks On The Bum


I woke up one night with an itch on my bum. It started small at first but then soon spread. In no time my two rear cheeks were itching like a rash and I had to control myself from scratching it to shreds.

Why would my bum suddenly itch so bad in the middle of the nite? It is convenient to suspect mites. But I keep a clean bed, so it was very unlikely. Besides, mites don't just bite a specific area, and the itch shouldn't spread like wild fire!

My other thought was that I had eaten something wrong during dinner. I am not given to allergies, so that idea was soon dismissed.

I then wondered about the supplements I had been taking for "strong bone and teeth" (in a manner of speaking). But it wasn't the first time; so any side effect would have surfaced long ago.

Could it be something I was dreaming about? I mean I had woken up with an erection in the middle of the night before dreaming of old girlfriends. I cannot help it. A man's testosterone levels rise and ebb throughout the night, peaking at sunrise (surprise, surprise!). Most men can identify with getting a a boner in the morning. (For the ladies this could be a godsend as they can vouch that morning boners are the best!) Guys don't like it much as "doing it" with a full morning bladder can be uncomfortable. But it helps. (Hey, guys cannot really pee with a boner on during sex. But with effort, they can will it once in the can. Just make sure to be seated and facing the wall as the boner will sprinkle pee in all directions. We all know how water splays when a hose is pinched!

So, there I was lying in bed in the middle of the night wondering why my bum itched so much!

I told a friend the next morning and he said I should be thankful it was not my balls that provoked scratching. I told him I had that experience once, what the POWs in Singapore during WWII called "Changi balls". It had nothing to do with the Cinderella-glass-slipper kind of ball but one caused by eating rice and little else. It's a vitamin deficiency illness. I was on a crash diet once and developed Changi Balls. It was gone after I started eating more rice again.

But that night, with a bum that itched so bad, I had to affirm that my butt wasn't bitten by any insect or parasite. So I turned to my girlfriend who was sleeping beside me and roused her up.

"Jane, I need you to take a look at my butt. Something's not quite right."

Jane was in her deep REM sleep phase and took a while to wake and register what I had said. "What? Look at your what?" she mumbled.

"My butt. It's itching like mad!"

Jane sat up and rubbed her eyes. I had already moved my pants down the waist, half-mooning her.

"You got to be kidding, right?" Jane was a little, er, disbelieving.

I turned on the bedside tablelight to highlight my derriere better. It was clearly visible in the dresser mirror opposite. I edged my pants down a little more in desperation.

"Wait, where are my specs?" Jane asked as she fumbled for them. They were on the bedside cupboard. Jane had a high degree of shortsightedness and making love to her was kind of unusual. She said most of the time, I was just the blurry guy at arm's length, no diff from looking at me though the bottom of a drink bottle. Thank you very much Jane for that!

"It was like making love to a stranger each time."

Er, is that a compliment?

I didn't know whether to be flattered or annoyed. But she was a wonderful partner so I didn't take issue with that. And short-sighted people, I realised, grab on to things like a drowning person to a life jacket. Sometimes disconcerting, most times quite exciting after the fact!

Jane finally surveys the damage and reports that my bum is like a car in a slight accident. Lightly scratched but otherwise OK. Is it red? I asked.

"No, not even in this yellow light." If red, my bum would look a shade of dark brown, something we all learned watching Abyss, that James Cameron movie about aliens in the deepest part of the Mariana Trench.

Can you smack it? I suggested to her.

"Okaaay," she replied, somewhat amused. She did a couple of quick slaps that would have made a drummer proud.

"There! Better?" she said grinning.

"Yes, much better," I said, pulling my pants up before turning round. I took her hand and kissed the back of it. "Thank you, madam."

"Why don't you put some Vicks on it?" Jane then suggested, worried that the itch would cost me sleep. "Here, let me put some on for you."

And so, that's what Jane did that one late night. Put Vicks on my derriere. I must say I felt much better afterwards as my bum was like super cool. Quite a weird feeling if you'd asked me. But Jane was liking it (the Vicks, not my bum) as the ointment also relieved her of a sinus-stuffed nose.

Afterwards, we couldn't sleep. We made love. Kind of strange, to be honest, to make love with a Vick's cooled bum. I was like a waffle served up with ice-cream: one side hot, the other cool. Jane was as usual, lapping up the warmer side of me.

After the quick but ardent love-making, both of us fell asleep. By then, the itch was long gone to be replaced by a dream of tobogganing on the snowy slopes of winter Stockholm. My bum was wet, icy cold and snugged tight with someone in front. No prizes for guessing why.


Next story: Burnable Bling

No comments:

Post a Comment